Below are a selection of links I have used while planning my various Caminos. Some may prove worthwhile to you. If you know of others, please let me know. I can add them to the list for others to view. You can let me know by emailing me at email@example.com
- Camino Society of Ireland – Independent, non-commercial information. Become a member and stay connected to the Camino.
- Shamrocks and Shells – Camino Society of Ireland’s quarterly ezine, administered by myself. If you would like to contribute, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Camino de Santiago Forum – Run by Ivar Revke. I go by the username “clearskies”, keep an eye out for me!
- Camino Adventures – Run by Leslie Gilmour. A great blogging site with a dedicated forum.
- Gronze.com – Information about the many routes, including details of albergues and pensions (In Spanish)
- Rome2rio – Find out how to get from A to B.
- Godesalco Planner – Plan your Camino.
- Mundicamino – Great information on all routes
- Wunderground – Find out the weather for a particular region at a particular time
- Eroski – Information and reviews of the many different routes and accommodation (In Spanish).
- Forwalk.org – A website to help pilgrims along their Camino de Santiago
- Duolingo – If you are looking to top up your Spanish
- SpanishforCamino.com – Learn enough words and phrases before you go on your Camino.
- Pilgrim’s Office in Santiago – How many compostelas were issued today?
- Terra Nova Pilgrim House – A place for pilgrims once they arrive in Santiago. Make sure you visit the people who volunteer there. They do great work. They are based on Rua Nova.
- Some Music to Listen to while you Plan (2 hours long, on Spotify)
- John Mattingly’s Camino Art on Flickr – Superb drawings of Camino landscapes.
- This should get you inspired..
Walking in Ireland
- Pilgrimpath.ie – Information about walking the many varied pilgrim paths in Ireland, including festivals that occur throughout the year.
- Tough Soles – Carl and Ellie are walking 4000km along all the National Waymarked Trails of Ireland.
- The Ireland Way – 1000 km Epic Adventure in Ireland
- KerryCamino.com – All you need to know about the Kerry Camino, a 3 day pilgrimage in Kerry, Ireland.
- Boyne Valley Camino – a 25km looped walk starting in Drogheda and is part of the Celtic Camino.
- Leave no Trace Ireland – promoting the responsible use of the outdoors.
- Derek Cullen has walked the Great Blasket Trail – from Dublin to the Blasket Islands in Kerry
- Andrew Suzuki’s series “Don’t Stop Walking” on YouTube – a series of great videos by Andrew about planning. He is also on Facebook.
- Camino de Santiago Documentary: A Journey of the Mind – by Drew Robinson (41 mins long)
- Efren – A great channel from Efren Gonzalez who journals his time on many different Caminos.
- Camino John – John has walked the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon and has documented this on YouTube. I have found it helpful.
- johnroyYHZ – A great YouTube channel by Canadian pilgrim, John Roy offering tips and clips from his Caminos in Spain and Portugal.
- Sara Dhooma – Sara has walked many waymarked trails, in Spain and around the world. Her YouTube page is a great source of information and she is inspiring in many ways.
- YouTube user “Alikev2010″‘s account of their walk to Santiago – great music too
- Tips and tricks from peregrina, Steph Bugge
- A full Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre from YouTube user: BK Lee.
Great Blogs I follow – #caminofamily
- Caminotimestwo.com – A blog by Beth Jusino, pilgrim, and author of “Walking to the End of the World”.
- Somewhere Slowly
- Boho-chic Ar+ist@
- OTCamino – A peregrina’s experiences on the Camino (en español).
- PilgrimageTraveler.com – Extensive notes, maps and photos from many of the ways in Spain in Portugal.
- Setmeravelles.com – I love this blog as it is written in English & Spanish.
- Nadinewalks.com – Nadine is a traveler, a pilgrim, a walker, and a writer. She shares her stories, her thoughts and her walks.
- Thoughts And Adventures
- Trail To Peak
- Following The Arrows – by Kat Davis
- Are We There Yet? – Lots of info on the Camino Frances and the Via de la Plata.
- Trepidacious Traveler – One of the more informative Camino related blogs out there
- Seeing Clarely
- Ger’s Camino Blog – Camino de Santiago
- Renata Goes to Santiago and Rome
- Postcard Traveler
- My Senior Camino..
- Gidivet camino
- Miles Hermannsdorfer’s Camino Blog
- Camino Wanderings – Documenting the Wanderings of a Camino Fanatic
- Sometimes She Travels
- Bike the Camino de Santiago
- Jen’s Journey – Camino de Santiago 2013 & 2016
- Matt and Heidi Smith: Our Camino Journey
- The Greenery
- “Sees” the Day – Camino Diaries
- Buen Camino – 2014
- Lisa’s Camino
- To be a pilgrim…
Use the below links as help in your planning
- Accommodation on the Camino Ingles & Celtic Camino
- Map of Albergues from St Jean Pied de Port to Galicia border
- Map of Albergues from O Cebreiro to Santiago de Compostela
- Map of Albergues from Santiago de Compostela to Finisterre and Muxia
An updated list of the essentials of planning for your Camino de Santiago
- Struggling with the Post-Camino blues? Check out a free e-book, After the Camino! (Provided by Nadinewalks.com)
- Daily Costs on the Camino – How much does a Camino cost?
- See how many pilgrims have walked in 2015 – Download the yearly figures
- See how many pilgrims have walked in 2016 – From the Pilgrim Office website
- See how many pilgrims walked the Camino in 2018 – Download the yearly figures
- More statistics from the Pilgrim’s office
(If there is something you would like me to write about, please let me know. I will do my best to help you)