Having the right kit is essential for your Camino. It is the difference between not having an enjoyable time and wanting to return again. I made many mistakes in 2011 but with plenty of research, my back weight dropped and I had little to no foot problems in 2012. Over the years, I have been constantly researching so now my pack size is lower than it has ever been.
Here are some of my packing lists from my previous Caminos. I hope they prove useful to you. My friend Linda has written extensively about her pack from a female point of view, on her site, details below.
- Packing list for 2019 Celtic Camino
- Download a packing list checklist here. Posted in 2018.
- The same list from 2018 with links to the items: 2018 Packing List
- Here is a link to my packing list from September 2017 when I walked the meseta: 2017Burgos
Camino de Santiago Guidebooks
Below are a list of books I own and links who where you can purchase them. These editions may have been updated:
- The Camino Portugues – A Wise Pilgrim Guide (link for purchase)
- The Camino Frances – A Wise Pilgrim Guide (link for purchase)
- A Pilgrim’s Guide to the Camino de Santiago – John Brierley (link for purchase)
- A Pilgrim’s Guide to the Camino Portugues – John Brierley (link for purchase)
- St Jean Pied de Port – Finisterre – Maps Only – John Brierley (discontinued)
- Michelin Camino Frances Maps 2014 edition (link to 2018 edition)
- Camino de Santiago – Way of St James from the Pyrenees to Santiago (Rother Walking Guide) (link to purchase)
- Camino de Madrid – CSJ Guide by Johnnie Walker (link for purchase)
- The Northern Caminos – Laura Perazzoli and Dave Whitson (link for purchase)
- Camino Ingles – CSJ Guide by Johnnie Walker (link for purchase)